Sunday 5 July 2015

Review: YSL Les Sahariennes Blur Bronzer - 06 Sienna


I'd heard a lot about the much hyped YSL Blur Perfector so when I found myself in John Lewis, who were running a 10% off Beauty promotion, I headed over to the YSL counter to have a look. While I was in two minds about the Blur Perfector itself, I discovered YSL's gorgeous Les Sahariennes Bronzers which combines the blur perfector with bronzer and was perfect for what I actually needed. 



Les Sahariennes blur bronzer, is the first sun-kissed balm-powder blur innovation by YSL Beauté and is suitable for contouring or all-over sun-kissed effect.

The special formula disguises the appearance of colour imperfections, smooths the look of skin’s complexion and enhances and illuminates the skin for a sun-kissed effect and a natural healthy looking glow. When the YSL make up artist applied this to my skin, I had no make-up on as I was fresh faced after a lovely Origins facial. I wasn't sure if the bronzer would make a real difference, but having applied it on bare skin, my face was transformed, my tone was evened out and my skin really had a lovely healthy warmth. The bronzer doesn't contain shimmery particles which I liked as the look achieved was very natural.

The texture is interesting as it's not really a balm, nor a powder. The formula is quite concentrated but light and upon application it transforms from balm to powder. The formula contains a combination of oils, which once applied, evaporate, leaving the skin with a matte, uniform finish which evens out the look of skin’s complexion and minimises the appearance of pores. 

Les Sahariennes packaging is very glam and gorgeous, you wouldn't expect anything less from YSL though would you. The bronzer comes packaged in a deep brown glossy case with a prominent gold ‘Cassandre’ logo on the centre, very sophisticated and luxurious.

Les Sahariennes comes in a collection of 7 shades from light to dark to match all sun types. I opted for shade 6 - Sienna, which although looks fairly dark in the pan, it's much more subtle on the skin. Although the bronzer comes with a dual ended brush and sponge applicator, I prefer the effect achieved when I use my Real Techniques Bold Metals Flat Contour brush to apply the balm on the areas that would naturally catch the sun.

Have you tried the YSL Les Sahariennes Bronzer? What were your thoughts?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig