Sunday 8 February 2015

Review: Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection - Flat Contour Brush


For a good while now, excitement has been building about the launch of the Bold Metals Collection from Real Techniques. Having seen snippets of the stunning collection on Instagram, I couldn't wait for the collection to be available to purchase. I found out that the Real Techniques Chapman sisters; Sam and Nic of pixiwoo would be at Boots in Oxford Street to launch the Bold Metal collection so I rushed out of work at 5 on the dot to go meet them and get my very own piece of the the Bold Metal collection before it all sold out.


I'm going to be honest, when I saw the new Real Techniques Bold Metals range, I wanted the entire super luxe collection. I'm a huge fan of the Real Techniques brushes. I own a number of them which I use everyday and I've been really impressed with the quality of them, they never disappoint so I was really keen to try out the new range from Real Techniques. Although I wanted the whole Bold Metals collection, I decided to be sensible and just purchase a type of brush I didn't already have something similar too and the Rose Gold  Flat Contour brush caught my attention. In the Bold Metals Collection each of the brushes have a thinner, more weighted handle with an overall more professional feel. The  Gold brushes are for the face, the Silver ones are for eyes and the Rose Gold brushes are for finishing. The brushes are angled with defined edges so they don't roll off the dressing/makeup table, a great make-up artist trick. I'm really impressed with my choice of brush. The Contour brush is smooth and firm but feels very soft on the skin. The firmness of the brush really does make it ideal for contouring and it's the perfect brush to use with my Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universal. I can also use the flat contour brush with highlighters to highlight the top of my cheek so it's a great addition to my make-up brush collection.
It really was amazing to have the opportunity to meet Sam and Nic, as I love pixiwoo and their make-up tutorials and of course their brushes. They were so lovely, gave me hugs and encouraged me with my blogging. I was really happy when they signed my brush and all in all it was a fantastic evening!

Have you tried the Real Techniques Bold Metals collection?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig