Wednesday 8 February 2017

THE FITNESS EDIT: FEBRUARY

Yay! We’ve survived January, a tough month in so many ways so hello February. I’m happy to report that January saw me make a good start on my fitness goals with a major step forward in making healthier choices with food, more of a focus on my diabetes with more blood sugar monitoring,  talking to my diabetes team about the start date for my insulin pump and…….I headed back to Pscyle! Whoop! Whoop! 

It’s definitely a good start, but there is a long, long way to go yet. I had hoped to start running again, but unfortunately that’s on hold for a little while longer after I slipped on ice on the way to work, attempted to do in promptu splits and landed smack on my knee in front of a bunch of builders (who turned out to be quite sweet and helpful and didn’t laugh at me). Said knee has been in a sorry state  since so I’ve been resting it this last week. Anyway, I’m determined to get back into running outside again, which is one of the goals for this month.
At the end of January I joined a new gym. The gym is nearer to my friends so it'll be good to have someone to work out with and I've done more than just join, I've already hit the gym and am picking up lots of tips from my very patient gym buddy. Also I now have swimming pool access, so a really major thing for me is I’m going to start swimming lessons, because I can’t swim at all. I’ve sorted out my very first lesson and I’ll let you know how I get on.

I’m not a natural gym bunny in the least, the equipment is often a bit intimidating and I’m not always sure if I’m doing the right thing, or if my technique is right. The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises, has been my go to guide. It contains so may exercises as well general fitness and nutrition tips, I’m learning so so much, but there are exercises for all levels which is great. I’ve been putting together a few workouts using the manual and Zanna's book STRONG and I’ve felt quite encouraged by the fact that I’m not struggling as much as I thought I’d be.
I’m determined to stick to my fitness goal so I’ve been making sure to build in some little motivational prompts such as heading to the gym with a buddy and taking part in classes which I really enjoy and are full of positivity such as Kaya’s class. I also picked up this super cute but so helpful fitness diary from Flying Tiger this week. This diary is not only going to really help me set out what I want to achieve fitness wise, but the activity and food log will be essential for when I go on the insulin pump and need to jot everything down. I’m looking forward to seeing the progress I’m making written down. The last little motivational thing this month has been music. I’ve set up a playlist for my workouts and so far it's working. I find myself more in the mood to work out and feel more positive. I’m on the lookout for more tracks to add to the list though, so I’d love to hear your recommendations and I’d be happy to share my playlist if you’d all like?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig