Tuesday 7 February 2017

THE BEAUTY EDIT: PIXI - CAROLINE HIRONS DOUBLE CLEANSE

I have a confession to make......when it comes to taking my makeup off at the end of the day and having a good cleanse, I can be a bit....well....lazy! I know, I know, it's a poor show and really I have no excuses especially as I'm an avid follower of the skincare pro that is Caroline Hirons and her blog, but well sometimes I guess I feel so tired and find myself reaching for the skincare wipes. With 2017 however, came the goal of looking after myself more which included being kinder to my skin and having a proper evening cleansing routine. So my heart started beating a little faster with excitement when I learnt that Caroline Hirons had collaborated with one of my favourite skincare brands: Pixi, to launch her first ever skincare products. I'm already a huge fan of the Pixi Glow Tonic and now Caroline has launched her first product with Pixi: Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse. Cleansing my skin properly at the end of the day no longer feels like a chore.
The Double Cleanse is quite an unique 2-in-1 jar product. One side contains a solid cleansing oil with the other side consisting of a luxe cleansing cream, the combination leaves you with gorgeously cleansed skin at the end of the day. I'm a huge fan of the Emma Hardie cleansing balm already, which I like to use in my morning routine to wake up the skin, so I do really like a good cleansing balm.
Caroline Hirons has explained that 'double cleansing is basically what we do in treatment rooms. The first cleanse loosens and removes makeup/SPF, while the second cleanse has slightly more beneficial ingredients and is used to clean the skin and/or facial massage.'

The solid cleansing oil contains Vitamin E to protect and condition the skin, Camellia Oil which is rich in omega to provide nourishment and Evening Primrose Oil which heals & moisturises. 

The second step is the luxe cleansing cream. This contains Vitamin C to promote collagen & skin protection, Peptide complexes to relaxes lines & plump the skin and Arginine to improve cell renewal & elasticity.

Caroline Hirons stated 'We’ve tried to make the product accessible to all skins. Obviously the perfect ‘one product for everyone’ doesn’t exist or the industry would be a lot smaller – but we’ve removed mineral oil and shea butter and replaced them with Camellia oil and Evening Primrose oil, so they’re more comfortable for an oilier skin, and we left out fragrance as so many of my readers tell me they don’t like it.

Although I wouldn't expect anything less from Caroline, it's really good to know that such thought has gone into developing a great, high quality product. Both products are fragrance and paraben free and the product has not been tested on animals. 
In terms of application, the product is for use in the evening. Apply a small coin size amount of the solid cleansing oil onto dry skin, massage into skin and then remove with moist facecloth or water. Double cleanse by following with the application of a small coin size amount of the cleansing cream onto skin, massaging thoroughly and then removing with moist facecloth.
I've already become a big fan of the Double Cleanse. The solid cleansing oil is amazing, it removes all my makeup including stubborn mascara and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean. The cream cleanser is a new step for me, but I'm already seeing the benefits especially as my skin has been in need of some TLC due to the cold weather. My skin feels so much better now, more nourished and plumped and just generally feels healthier. The Double Cleanse is definitely going to be a staple in my bathroom cabinet.

The Pixi Double Cleanse costs £24 and is available from Pixi and M&S. If you're after more skincare tips and advice, head to Caroline's blog and check out her cheat sheets.

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig