Monday 31 October 2016

REVIEW: ESCENTRIC MOLECULES:MOLECULE 01

Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 has become something of a cult product with bloggers and perfume lovers alike. For a while now I've heard rave reviews for this fragrance and I'd become more and more intrigued by it. Molecule 01 consists of one single ingredient known as Iso E Super in the fragrance industry and I first heard about at a perfume event last year at the Shoreditch Sisters with 4160 Tuesdays. This ingredient is said to be something of an enigma with the chemistry of it adapting to the wearer and is different for every person. Pretty unique really as there isn't anything quite like it.

I opted for the 30ml bottle which I tracked down in Liberty (to be honest I'm happy to have any excuse to explore Liberty's Beauty and Fragrance Hall). The sales assistant informed me that I most likely won't be able to smell it properly on myself but the people around me will think it's an amazing scent. I was a little sceptical as part of me thought it sounded like the fragrance equivalent of the Emperor's New Clothes, but the sales assistant told me it's their best selling fragrance with hundreds of bottles being sold each week as stated by Liberty's Beauty Buyer - Sarah Coonan.

Escentric Molecules was launched in 2006 as an unisex fragrance by perfumer Geza Schoen. The aim was to provoke comment on the way scent is marketed today, Schoen created Molecule perfume using only one ingredient - a substance that enhances the wearer's natural pheromones. I have to admit that I've been wearing this pretty much everyday since I bought it and I have received quite a few lovely comments. The 30ml size is also perfect for taking with you on the go and a good size to go for if you're trying it for the first time. Definitely a great addition to my fragrance collection.

Have you tried  Escentric Molecules Molecule 01? What are your thoughts on it?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig