Monday 1 August 2016

THE WEEKEND EDIT

It's been a while since I've done a weekend edit post, mainly because I've either been away, getting on with 'project declutter' or trying to rest and recharge for the week ahead. This last weekend however was pretty active as I tried new things, caught up with my best friend who is overseas and enjoyed the sunshine, all in all a really lovely weekend! 

Friday night was pretty chilled with a soak in the tub and then curling up & catching up with Betty magazine; just what I needed after a long week at work. 

Saturday I was up and out early as we were off fruit picking. It was the first time I've been although it's been on my bucket list for ages so it was great to try something new and it was such a beautiful summer's day too. We'd headed to Parkside Farm just outside of Enfield & it was amazing to see urban London quickly roll away into fields and fields of fruit and vegetables. I gotta tell you though, fruit picking, it's addictive! Before we knew it we had punnets full of all kinds of berries and bags of fresh vegetables. You just can't beat that feeling of pulling fresh produce from the earth & then rustling up something delicious to eat.
We had time for a quick ice cream pit stop before heading off to Oxygen Freejump trampoline park in Acton. Again another first for me, I haven't really been on a trampoline since I was 16, but the trampoline park was great! There were of lots of trampolines but also trampoline dodgeball ball and my favourite bit, the foam pit assault course which looked like something from the Gladiators! It was time to pick up a punch bag equivalent of those giant Gladiator cotton buds and do battle on the beam. Suffice to say I ended up in the foam pit and it wasn't my most graceful moment as I attempted to get out (ahem I may have needed the Body Coach lookalike to lift me out), but it was all so much fun & I can't wait to go again!
We ended the busy day by chilling out on deck chairs at Camden Beach at the Roundhouse. There was such a lovely summery vibe as people sipped rum punch and built sand castles or played volleyball with the complimentary essential beach accessories. One of the best Saturdays of the year  so far for me.
Sunday was a much more laid back affair as I got on with all my usual Sunday tasks done, starting with picking up some beautiful fresh flowers. 
The afternoon was spent blogging away at my little patio table in the garden before I pottered around the fruit and veg plants having been inspired by the farm the day before. The perfect Sunday afternoon!! 
The rest of Sunday was spent making progress on 'Project Declutter'. The end is in sight but there's been a fair bit of furniture rearranging lately as I'm working on  a dedicated blogging space, which is very exciting!! I'm looking forward to sharing the results of the hard work with you all soon. 
Sunday evening was of course spent curled up with the new Harry Potter book. I had that same buzz I used to get when the previous books were released. I have to admit I'm reading this really slowly as I just want to make that excited feeling last.
Hope you all had lovely weekend too!!

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig