Tuesday 16 August 2016

THE STYLE EDIT: CUTE PRINTS & METALLICS

Lately I’ve been feeling a little stuck in a style rut, so I’ve been tackling my wardrobe, getting rid of the things I no longer wear; so far I’ve donated four full bin bags of clothes, shoes and accessories to the charity shops and I’m making an effort to try new things like my pink Mango skirt and this kitten print and mint green shirt from Topshop.
Shirt: Topshop, Jeans: Primark, Bag: The Cambridge Satchel Co, Shoes: ASOS,
 Earrings: Topshop
I’m trying to really focus on adding a few thought out pieces to my wardrobe to make sure I love everything that’s in there and to prevent further clutter. I wouldn’t have normally picked up a kitten print item (I love cats don’t get me wrong) but I saw this online and yes I was drawn to the mint green, I’m not gonna lie, but I really liked the style of it and that it’s different to the norm for me. When it arrived I was still a little unsure but I loved the fit of it and how well it went with these high waisted stonewash jeans. I usually only wear black skinny jeans but I’d picked these stonewash skinnies up on a bit of a whim and I’m so glad I did! This look is a good reminder to have fun with my clothes and to keep trying new things.
This Cambridge Satchel was a key purchase from London Fashion Weekend last September and I absolutely adore it! I love how it’s a classic design but with a modern colour update and the size is perfect.
I can’t get enough of the metallic shoe trend at the moment, gold flats, rose gold Brogues and metallic heels; I love them all. These silver shoes are ideal for me, the point detail is flattering for my little feet and the block heel gives me a lift but I can walk around in these shoes all day!

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig