Monday 8 August 2016

THE FITNESS EDIT: LET'S DO THIS!

'What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.'
                                                                                         Gretchen Rubin


Ok, so I'm the first to admit that exercise and I have become distant acquaintances this year. After the Nike 10K last year, my running just kinda came to a stop really when I went flying off a treadmill when trying to do interval training which was far beyond my abilities! I know it sounds like a funny story and it is now but at the time it was pretty scary and painful as I bruised my ribs and had cuts and bruises all over, I don't recommend falling off treadmills, that's for sure. It also made me lose my confidence in the gym and every time I tried to get back into the gym and the treadmill I'd have panic attacks and the silly blood sugars to go with them.
I did do a 5K earlier in the year, but I didn't manage to reach the goal of running the whole thing so enough is enough. My goal right now is to be the healthiest I can by getting my diabetes into the best shape it has ever been! That means really focusing on my blood sugar levels by looking after myself: eating healthily and making exercise a real part of my life. I can't say I'm a naturally sporty person; nothing exercise related ever comes easy to me and in the past I've let that limit me, but more and more now my mindset is gradually changing and I find myself motivated to do better. Hard work and real determination lays ahead if I'm going to do this and that’s partly the reason for me talking about it here. I'm hoping to make the ‘The Fitness Edit’ a monthly feature where I can talk about the workouts I've enjoyed, what I'm planning next and how I'm getting on with it all. This isn't going to be a look at me and my six pack kinda post (I wish!) nor is it going to be about how much weight I've lost, that's not the focus at all, it really is about getting fitter and healthier and I'm sharing it with you here so that I keep motivated and don't give up at the first hurdle.

This month I'm heading back to Kaya’s class at Pscyle, tonight in fact which I'm really looking forward to as I always get a feel good buzz from Kaya's classes and I've also started personal training with the very patient Ben. It’s a start, but I've gotta keep at it.

Let’s do this!

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig