Friday 1 July 2016

Review: Jo Malone Peony & Moss Charity Candle

Each year Jo Malone London release a charity candle with the proceeds going towards supporting people living with mental ill health through the cultivation and care of community charity gardens in London, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Bristol and Manchester. This year's charity candle, released this week is the beautiful Peony & Moss candle.

Gardening is one of my real passions! I find it a really great way to incorporate mindfulness in my day to day life; it enables me to switch off from any anxieties, get immersed in my natural surroundings and the task in hand and instill a sense of calm. There is just something so rewarding about nurturing the garden and being able to share the fruit and veg I grow with loved ones.

I think Jo Malone's charity garden collaboration is such a worthy project and cause. Each garden is cared for by trainee gardeners who live with the daily challenges of mental ill health. The gardens are designed to nourish, nurture and provide a beautiful and peaceful space for the community. The trainee gardeners have an opportunity to develop transferable practical skills, gain new qualifications in horticulture and a lead a way to a brighter future through long-term employment. 

The Peony and Moss candle itself is just gorgeous in everyway. The scent is a beautiful balance of delicate florals with woody, earthy notes and has a very warming, uplifting and rich feel whilst still being fresh. The scent combines notes of Cassis, Peony and Moss, plus I'm sure I can I also detect warming notes of delicate Rose and green leaves. Peony and Moss was a limited edition Spring cologne released by Jo Malone a few years ago, quickly becoming a favourite for many, so it's great that the scent has been brought back again with this candle. Like the original cologne, the Peony and Moss packaging is lovely! It's no secret that I love Peonies so it'll come as no surprise that the candle has instantly taken pride of place on my desk and once finished I'll happily be using the jar for beauty storage! 
The charity candles are usually limited edition but this year Jo Malone's Peony & Moss Charity Candle will be available all year round. For each charity candle sold in the UK, Jo Malone Limited will make a donation equal to 75% of the retail price, which will help fund a new project in London with St Mungo’s as well as helping to maintain and further develop the existing charity gardens. 

Jx

Share:

1 comment

  1. I sure wish the Jo Malone Co. would do the same in the U.S.! Beautiful candles for a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig