Friday 4 March 2016

The Style Edit: London Fashion Weekend - Trend

                                                                                                                                                                *
I have to say last weekend was pretty amazing! It kicked off with an afternoon off work on Friday as my lovely friend Kate and I were heading to London Fashion Weekend. We had such a fun time, it was the perfect way to start the weekend! We attended two catwalk shows and did a spot of shopping which was great especially as I found my dream embroidered Bomber jacket!! Kate and I were on the front row for the the Trend catwalk show which was an incredible showcase of the four key trends for this season into the next.

The Trend show was in partnership with VeryExclusive.co.uk. Kate and I loved the Trend show and jokingly remarked how Very Exclusive would be quite dangerous for our bank balances as all theses gorgeous clothes would be at our fingertips and just a few clicks away! 


                                                                                                                        *
I always love the Trend show as it provides an insight into the season’s trend fixes and a is perfect for outfit inspiration with the mix of statement designer pieces as well as wardrobe essentials from the best of the high street. The key four trends included pieces from designers such as Marc Jacobs, J Brand, McQ Alexander McQueen, Carven, Karl Lagerfeld and See by Chloé as well high street brands such as Karen Millen and Reiss. 

Beautiful Botanicals
Gorgeous floral motifs are back in a big way for Spring, with many designers featuring prints that would look very at home in an English country garden. I loved the floral outerwear pieces and the beautiful floral dresses, the perfect outfit for any Springtime parties.
Americana
Bold stars and stripes motifs were a prominent feature on many of the Spring catwalks. American College jackets, tailored blouses and beach-friendly sandals. One our favourite outfits from this collection was the denim shirt with a suede fringed mini skirt. So simple but delivered quite an impact. 
Pop Art Brights
This collection provided me with a lot of inspiration as I'm trying to be more adventurous with colour in my wardrobe. The bold colours were gorgeous, Kate an I fell in love with the beautiful bright shades. There was some clashing colours going on which looked great, definitely a bolder style to work towards. 
New Romance
This collection was simply gorgeous, a very feminine Spring look straight off the runways. You can't help but embrace your inner romantic with the delicate fabrics, ruffles, lace, tulle and silk in nude and pastel shades. If you have weddings to attend this Spring and Summer then this is the ideal trend to show off.
So many beautiful trends, which I hope has provided inspiration for your SS16 wardrobe. Right I'm off to fill up my virtual basket at Very Exclusive!

Jx

*Photos courtesy of LFWeekend
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig