Saturday 5 March 2016

February Favourites

February was quite an eventful month what with having surgery, getting some Winter sun with a little holiday in Spain, getting quite poorly again, planning and going on my best friend's hen party and getting back into blogging. It was a month in which I craved comfort so I often snuggled up in my Zara cashmere poncho as I curled up with Netflix or a good book with a cup of hot chocolate or my new favourite chocolate Horlicks!
Non-beauty

I'll admit that I don't make a very good patient as I get restless really easily, so when I got signed off work for a few weeks after surgery, I had to keep myself busy. For a few ropey days I didn't venture far from the sofa, so my iPad was the perfect distraction. I had plenty of time to get stuck into a good book so escaping with the Kindle app became a firm favourite! It was lovely to have time to read & dive into my book collection and I finally got around to reading The Miniaturist & Rachel's Holiday and very much have the reading bug now. 

Netflix became another favourite after my best friend Sofia introduced me to White Collar when I went to stay with her. I was instantly hooked & may have developed a bit of a crush on Neal Caffrey, the main character! I'm usually really bad at getting through box sets but that wasn't the case with White Collar as I'm already on Season 4! Each episode there's a separate White Collar crime and mystery to be solved by Neal Caffrey, a convicted criminal & his wholesome FBI partner, it's brilliant!

As I haven't been sleeping too well lately, I found myself developing a relaxing bedtime routine of snuggling in bed with a cup of chocolate Horlicks (which takes me back to my childhood) whilst reading a copy of The Simple Things magazine, which has fast become a staple read as a has a bit of everything that I love: travel, home decor, food etc. 

Being home more, I've been taking advantage of all the yummy seasonal fruit available right now. I adore Lychees & Blood Oranges were a delicious new discovery. Getting my daily dose of vitamin C has never been so easy. 

Beauty

As I spent a bit of time recuperating at home, it was quite minimal on the makeup front. I'd just discovered Estée Lauder's EE créme and often that & my Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in La Romanesque was all I needed when venturing out. You can find a full review of EE créme here.

I know the beauty world has been raving about Nars Orgasm blush for ages, but I hadn't yet got round to trying out this shade until I got a mini version in my monthly My Little Box and now I'm hooked. I layer it a bit so it shows up on my skin tone but the look achieved is a really natural healthy looking glow. People have been commenting about how well and healthy I'm looking despite being pretty unwell which I put down to the EE créme and Orgasm blush combo.

After my hand surgery I couldn't get my hand wet so washing my hair was tricky to say the least, conditioning was even more of a challenge so the Kérastase Ciment Thermique leave in condition came to the rescue! As I've had balayage on my hair a few times now, I have to make sure the ends of my hair are conditioned to avoid straw hair & the Kérastase conditioner works like a dream. My hair is really manageable & easy to maintain & I find I didn't have to wash it every day like I used to. 

A new discovery & the last of my February beauty favourites is the Úna Brennan Vitamin C+ Brighten eye cream. I saw this in sunshinesam83's skincare post & it sounded like the ideal eye product for me. I'd been finding it really hard to sleep properly & restless nights had left the skin around my eyes looking tired & a bit grey. This cream has made a huge difference & my skin now feels hydrated & so much brighter! 

What have been your February favourites? 

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig