Friday 2 October 2015

Review: London Fashion Weekend


Today's post is the last in my London Fashion Weekend series following on from the Henry Holland and Trend Style Edits. 

As mentioned in my Weekend Edit, LFWEND was at the Saatchi Gallery this year. I wasn't sure how it would be compared to the previous venue of Somerset House, but I was really impressed. LFWEND worked amazingly well in the light and airy gallery space. There was a lot more space to move around in and to also see the clothes and accessories on sale. I liked that there were a good number of changing rooms available and I loved how the gallery was transformed into a fashion space which felt homely too, thanks to the Diptyque diffusers dotted around the rooms. 

It was really lovely to browse around the different stands, there were so many things I wanted to buy like these YSL and Sophie Webster shoes but I was desperately trying to be good and save money for my holiday to Portugal later this month.

Of course I couldn't come away from LFWEND without denting my bank balance a little bit. In one of the rooms I discovered Cambridge Satchels on discount and having had my eye on this beauty for months, I decided the offer of a discount and free embossing was too much to pass up on. I absolutely love my new satchel and I'm so so glad I decided to get it.
As you may have seen from my earlier posts, I was fortunate enough to attend both the designer and the trend catwalk shows which were a real highlight for me. At the Henry Holland show I met some really lovely people especially Darcy and his Dad who photobombed my front row selfie! Darcy is super talented and is soon to launch his menswear collection, so make sure to check him out. You heard about him here first, he's going to be the next big thing!
I was also excited to see Estella Bartlett there. I'd picked up a few pieces from her at the last LFWEND, a Pineapple pendent necklace for myself and an Elephant pendent necklace as a birthday present for my best friend. This time I fell in love with this gorgeous wish bone bracelet. The Rose Gold looked beautiful on my wrist, such a gorgeous delicate piece. 

Every LFWEND I get excited about the tote bag/goodie bag, I can't help it and this year I was the most excited yet as the bag was designed by Mary Katrantzou!!! I'm a huge fan of her designs and prints and during London Fashion Week two years ago, I was lucky to attend an interview with her which made me love her and her work even more, so it was really lovely to be able to take home something she'd designed. 

The final item I picked up was a t-shirt from Henry Holland's limited addition t-shirt collection for LFWEND. Houndstooth features heavily in his latest collection, which I loved, so of course I picked the vibrant houndstooth design tee from the collection.
I had such a fun time at LFWEND, I loved the venue, the beautiful array of style and fashion on display and of course meeting some very lovely people long the way. I'm already looking forward to the next LFWEND!

Were you at LFWEND this year? What were your highlights? 


Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig