Wednesday 16 September 2015

The Weekend Edit


This last weekend was about doing something different as I went on my first ever march. I joined a group of lovely women from the Shoreditch Sisters WI and together we represented the Shoreditch Sisters at the Solidarity With Refugees rally organised by Amnesty International.



The refugee crisis has long been hitting the headlines and the recent heartbreaking images on the front pages of global media have moved so many into acknowledging that this crisis involves everyday people who through no fault of their own, have lost the place they called home.
The sun came out and there were tens of thousands of people including families with young children holding 'refugees welcome' signs made with finger paint and even solidarity dogs marching through the streets, starting off in London's Park Lane, heading down to Downing Street and concluding at Parliament Square where there were speeches from a number of politicians and public figures including Jeremy Corbyn, the newly elected leader of the Labour party. To be honest I had been a bit nervous about the march as I can get anxious in large crowds, but when there, I found myself caught up in the atmosphere of the rally and I didn't have any need to panic. I really was so glad I took part, it was such an amazing experience to be a part of the march with the Shoreditch Sisters.


After the march, unsurprisingly we were all pretty tired, hungry and thirsty so we found a little spot on the grass by the London Eye. A few of us headed off along the Southbank in search of food and that's where the lovely Laura and Jodie from the Shoreditch Sisters introduced me to Bleecker St Burgers! I'd heard such good things about them from my meat loving friends, so I wasn't really expecting them to do a veggie burger, but I was wrong & the Bleecker St. veggie burger turned out to be the best one I've had so far! Made of crispy fried tofu, with cheese & chilli sauce in a sesame seed burger bap, it formed an incredible combination & disappeared in next to no time. I was equally impressed with my fries & coffee shake but I think my eyes may have been bigger than my stomach! 



On Saturday evening I headed off to The Driver at Kings Cross for my friend Fiona's birthday & we had a fun time celebrating and enjoying the surprisingly warm evening on their rooftop terrace. 

Sunday was a fun, busy day filled with all things blog related including an impromptu outfit photoshoot. It's just so lovely to get lost in my blog again. I did have a little break from blogging to hit the shops with my Mum on Sunday where I ended up picking up one or two lovely Autumnal pieces which I can't wait to share with you all. 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too! 


Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig