Thursday 17 September 2015

The Birthday Edit

With everything that's been going on the last few months and emotions running high, I wasn't left feeling very excited about my recent birthday, but this birthday turned out to be one of the best ones yet! I'm truly blessed with the most loveliest & supportive friends and family who made my birthday such a happy day and a real celebration of my loved ones. 

              
The celebrations began the night before and continued into my birthday, with a wonderful birthday breakfast with my Mum. I had planned a birthday picnic on Primrose Hill but the weather was not on my side so instead we headed to the nearby gastropub; The Engineer where a steady stream of friends arrived through the day. The Engineer is such a lovely little pub with a beautiful garden and good food. We made friends with the bar staff as one of the sweet girls was celebrating her birthday too & we ended up having fun & staying until the pub closed! 

I'm not really one for doing birthday haul posts (though I do love reading them) but I was so touched by all the lovely, thoughtful birthday gifts I received, I really felt like giving them pride of place on the blog. My friends and family all know me so well as they gifted me with a mixture of homewear, books, jewellery, stationary and beauty products. 
I got these gorgeous enamelware cups & mug from my best friend Sofia. I love them! The colour of the mug is a beautiful grey & it'll be perfect for my Autumnal wanderings around the garden. Sofia is just too generous as although she gave me the enamelware, a very professional looking case for holding all my camera memory cards & a colouring book for adults complete with colouring pencils, I received another mystery present from her yesterday, a modern calligraphy pen, perfect for when I attend the Lamplighters London modern calligraphy workshop next month.
These earrings are simply stunning!! My love of Mint Green & all things Pineapple combined! Can't go wrong!
I love all the beauty gifts from my girlfriends (some with input from the guys, who were quite intrigued by the Urban Decay setting spray). Can't wait to try all the products and of course feature them on the blog.
Those of you who follow my Facebook page may have seen that as a birthday treat, my friend Ade is taking me to the Harry Potter Studio!!! So, so excited about this as I've wanted to go for ages! We'll be heading there in November and it'll definitely be on the blog.
I just wanted to say a huge, huge thank you for not just all the thoughtful gifts but also for all the wonderful birthday good wishes and to everyone who celebrated with me, you all made my birthday such a special & memorable day! Thank you & love to you all! 

Jxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig