Friday 3 July 2015

Charlotte Tilbury - Norman Parkinson Collection

Charlotte Tilbury's eagerly anticipated Norman Parkinson Collection launched on her website last Friday and I have to admit, from 7am that day I was constantly refreshing the screen to make sure I didn't miss it, as I knew there'd be a rush on demand. Luckily my somewhat obsessive methods paid off and I bagged myself the Matte Revolution 1975 red lipstick and the Colour of Youth healthy, happy lip and cheek glow.



In this collaboration, Charlotte Tilbury has teamed up with the Norman Parkinson archive to create a beautiful vintage look collection decorated with the legendary British fashion photographer’s iconic images.

The collection includes a new Filmstar Bronze & Glow - Suntan & Sunlight, Colour Of Youth - Lip & Cheek Colour, Dreamy Glow Highlighter, Matte Revolution in Miss Kensington, Matte Revolution in 1975 Red, 'On Call' Makeup Bag and The Bathing Beauty Bag, as well as two new & exclusive looks, Miss 1975 and Miss Kensington, inspired by Parkinson's timeless photographs.

Firstly the packaging is just gorgeous! I love the vintage look and feel and it'll make doing my make up on the train, a very glamorous affair indeed.

1975 Red is a new, limited edition shade of the Matte Revolution lipstick, specially created for the Charlotte Tilbury X Norman Parkinson collection.
The classic 1970s sunset red is inspired by Jerry Hall’s Jamaica Blue & Beautiful, British Vogue cover from May 1975, shot by Norman Parkinson. This shade of red in the matte finish is perfect with bronzed skin and a summer glow. 
The Matte Revolution lipstick is designed to create the illusion of fuller, wider lips that look lit from within. Although it's a matte lipstick, the formula is very hydrating as it's exclusively enriched with Lipstick Tree extract, which protects lips and is a natural anti-oxidant, and Orchid Extract, which soothes and hydrates for a soft, buildable cashmere finish.  I love the revolutionary, square, angled tip  which is said to mimic the shape of a lip brush and I find I can get really precise application with it, especially on the go. I love red lipsticks and this one is just gorgeous, it reminds me of MAC's Dangerous as it has an orange undertone and I've had that Hollywood glam feeling in an instant, everytime I've worn this lipstick this week. The only downside for me is that the staying power isn't as great as I'd like. The lipstick does come off when eating or drinking and I did need to reapply through the day.

The Colour of Youth lip and cheek glow is a beautiful coral with a cream texture. It's perfect for Summer and is a shade which will flatter all skin tones, it's just beautiful and glides on effortlessly. You can apply it with a brush or fingers. I apply it with my Charlotte Tilbury Powder and Sculpt Brush. The creamy nature of the lip and cheek glow is very hydrating and I've found it to have great staying power. The formula contains Berry Flux Vita which increases Hyaluronic Acid to moisturise the skin, protecting it from dehydration.

The beautiful compact features a previously unprinted picture of Wenda. Charlotte discovered it as a negative at the archive and this compact is the first time the image has been produced and made available to own. Wenda was an actress, model and author, and she was introduced to Norman by Cecil Beaton. She was his most enduring muse. They met in 1947 and remained together for the rest of their lives. 

“Wenda…offered to my camera a quiet beauty that does not look so out of date today. Girls change, clothes change, but beauty itself, in whatever form it is viewed, is sealed there forever – it is frozen, it is permanent and it does not age.” Norman Parkinson



The Charlotte Tilbury X Norman Parkinson collection will be available to buy at Selfridges from tomorrow; Saturday 4 July. I may well see you down there as I'm very tempted to add the Dreamy Glow Highlighter to my collection too. If you want to see more of the collection, check out Selfridges' Instagram as it's a Charlotte Tilbury takeover today.

What are your favourite pieces from the Charlotte Tilbury X Norman Parkinson collection?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig