Wednesday 11 March 2015

#ComicRelief: Salted Caramel Brownies


If you follow my Instagram account, you may have seen I had a Comic Relief Bake Off at work on Monday & having been inspired by the Comic Relief Great British Bake Off last week, I decided to make Alexa Chung's Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownies. The Bake Off was a huge success as we raised £264 for such a brilliant cause and quite a few people have asked me for the recipe so here it is.

I have to confess this was the first time I've made Brownies let alone Salted Caramel. Although I followed the recipe, I found I had to adapt the caramel making a little. Instead of melting the sugar until it went dark brown as the recipe states, I found it was better when a lighter brown & it reduced the chance of burnt caramel. I opted not have the white chocolate decoration on my brownies but I think next time I'll be more generous with the caramel & may put a decadent layer on top before cooking for some truly indulgent brownies! 

Let me know how you get on, I'd love to see your Salted Caramel Brownie pictures! 

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig