Monday 2 February 2015

January Favourites


Happy February everyone! January has been a bit of a tough month and like many I'm happy that it's over but there have been some lovely things along the way, including of course the world of beauty products so here are my January favourites.

My beautiful best friend Sofia gifted me this stunning palette for Christmas. I was amazed at the effort she went to as Lorac isn't readily available in the UK and oh my, what a palette!!!! There will be a detailed post on this soon but I've been reaching for this palette almost everyday since I received it, so it is most definitely the star feature of my January favourites. The palette consists of 16 shades with a good mix of matte, shimmer and satin shadows made up of the most gorgeously flattering neutral shades. With this palette you can achieve a huge range of day, evening and smokey eye looks and I've definitely been having a lot of fun playing around with this! Thank you Sofia!

I have a problem with dark under eyes so I'm always on the look out for good under eye concealers and this drugstore find has been a very impressive purchase. It's really easy to apply and I just gently blend it in with fingers. The formula of the concealer helps reduce both puffiness and the appearance of dark circles. I use the nude shade which works perfectly for me and the coverage is great and not cakey in the least.  

This bronzer has become a makeup bag staple for me which you may have seen in my review post. It has been perfect for injecting a healthy glow to the skin through the dull January weather and is an excellent drugstore dupe for the MAC Mineralize powders at incredibly purse-friendly price.

This cream eyeshadow is an old favourite for me as it delivers the perfect wash of colour in one sweep which is ideal for when I'm in a rush in the morning. The staying power is great as I find it lasts well all day and there is no need to reapply if I'm heading out in the evening. Despite the name, the shade isn't really bronze, but more of a metallic taupe. A really beautiful shade which really lifts the face. I get so may compliments on my eye makeup when wearing this eyeshadow.

This dry shampoo for me is the best I've tried. It meets all my dry shampoo needs which I've talked about in more detail in my review here. The Dove dry shampoo is great for adding texture and volume to hair and really importantly doesn't leave any white powdery residue in my hair. I've been heading to the gym after work a lot more and I'm so tired by the end of the day I'm guilty of often going to bed with wet hair which can sometimes mean I wake up very flat hair in the morning. On those occasions I find myself reaching for this dry shampoo and within seconds it injects life and fullness into my hair. 

You can clearly tell that my skin has been a bit dull and lacking glow throughout January by the fact that bronzers have been a make up staple for me this month. This amazing value bronzer has been a real surprise for me as I wasn't really expecting much for just £1 but I've been really impressed with the texture, quality and finish of this bronzer and you can read more on the bronzer here.

This serum is a real cult product and has won many awards including InStyle Best Beauty Buys 2014. I have to admit it is the most I have ever spent on a serum, but the results are very noticeable so I completely think it's worth it especially as a little does go a long way. My skin is left feeling and looking smoother and plumped up as it's hydrated overnight. My skin tone is more even and the improved condition of my skin makes it the perfect base for make up. 

This cream has been a new discovery for me and it's been a great all rounder. I find it especially great for after the gym or an over night bag if you're away for the weekend. The cream is infused with Vitamin E and B5 and contains SPF 20 to provide important sun protection. L'Oreal Skin Perfection cream contains micro-pearls which blend with the skin on contact to provide an even tone and help reduce the look of tired skin. I know some people use this as a tinted moisturiser but I find for me, it doesn't quite provide the level of coverage I prefer, but is great as a moisturiser and primer rolled into one and I love that saves me time in the morning.

The make up bag is from Alphabet Bags and has pride of place on my dressing table.

What have been you January favourites?

Jx

Share:

2 comments

  1. I love so many of your favourites. I wonder though if you also have the problem with the maybelline colour tattos shadows drying out really fast? I did not have mine for very long and it already feels a lot drier.
    The under eye concealer is a revelation. I would not want to be without it anymore.

    http://sciencekoekje.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Mine has dried out a tiny bit but it still works fine and seems to have more staying power. x

      Delete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig