Thursday 29 January 2015

Eyebrows Edit - Brow Gels


When life is feeling a little hectic or chaotic for me, I always feel a lot more together & on top of things when my eyebrows are well groomed & tidy. I know that may sound a little odd but it works for me. I've been experimenting with & trying out a few different eyebrow products lately, which I'll be featuring over the next few weeks and today it's brow gels/mascaras.

Benefit Speed Brow  £13 - This one is very handy for popping into your handbag or makeup bag. It comes in one natural shade and adds a little tint to eyebrows as well as taming and setting them. The gel dries to a natural looking finish so this is a good everyday one especially when you're in bit of a rush. The brush applicator is quite compact which helps with precision during application. I just brush it on in light upward strokes.

The L'Oreal Paris Perfection Brow Artist Plumper - £5.99 This brow gel is a little different to the others here, as it contains little fibers which really help fill in your eyebrows and really plump them up while maintaining a natural look. This has a brush applicator which for me is a little on the larger size. I got the darker shade which is perfect for me. The formula isn't sticky, shiny or too sleek and is easily removed with make up remover. I haven't noticed any fallout of fibers when using the L'Oreal Brow Plumper which is very important. I've have heard some people compare this to Benefit's Gimme Brow, which also is a fiber containing gel, but I haven't yet tried Gimme Brow so I can't fully comment.

The MUA Brow Define - Tinted Brow Mascara  is my favourite of the three & another amazing steal which I managed to bag in the recent MUA sale although at  £2 full price it is always a steal. I opted for the dark brown shade which is a tad darker than my normal brow colour so it does make my eyebrows a little more tinted but not in an unnatural, dastardly cartoon baddie kinda way. I find my brows are left a lot more defined, tidy & filled as hopefully you can see in the photo below. The brush applicator is the perfect size & helps you get really detailed definition. A few tips; don't overload the brush as too much product on the brows will make them a bit crispy which is a look best avoided & have a cotton bud to hand to help define edges. For me the MUA brow gel works just as well as the more high end formulas.

                                                                                                                                                   *Photo by Gerrod Charles

Have you tried eyebrow gels? How did you get on?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig