Sunday 28 December 2014

Review: Spa London - Gold Signature Treatment

As some of you may have seen in my Christmas gift guide post, I was recently invited along to a Spa afternoon at the Wimbledon Spa London and it was such an amazingly relaxing and pampering afternoon, everything really that I needed to revive me during these cold Winter months. 

Spa London have a number of locations in London as they're part of Better Gyms. The ethos behind this spa chain is to offer luxurious but affordable and accessible spa facilities and treatments with prices starting at as little as £8 for concessions. For just £18 you can don a spa fluffy bathrobe and slippers and relax away stresses and worries in a 3 hour Thermal Suite pamper session where you'll get to enjoy the sauna, aromatherapy steam room, salt scrub bar, foot spa, jacuzzi, ice bath and Relaxation Room.

               
Our Spa afternoon started with meeting some lovely bloggers, talking beauty and healthy snacking on fruit with herbal teas or some fizz. We discussed the Spa London's launch of a new range of luxurious pampering products and treatment as part of their Gold Signature treatment to celebrate the Spa's 1st anniversary.
The Gold Signature Treatment is a 90 minute deluxe treatment with professional therapists, starting with a foot ritual using the new Gold range of products which is followed by an all-over body scrub and then a refreshing shower. The foot ritual was so relaxing and the all over body scrub was amazing! It felt so good to have my back exfoliated, very invigorating!

After the shower you have a deep tissue massage using Thai herb compresses and lymphatic drainage movements to massage the entire body and gently release heat and tension. Your skin feels rejuvenated and the treatments ends with an application of Gold dry body oil. I honestly didn't want my treatment to end as all the tension in my back disappeared to just leave me feeling so relaxed.
After the treatment we were lead back to the Relaxation Room for more herbal tea, fruit and refreshing sobert, it was all just pure bliss! I throughly enjoyed my treatment and the time in the Thermal Suite and having the chance to try out the different areas although I wasn't brave enough to try the ice bath.
I've recently been experiencing problems with my hands due to a tendon injury which can be very painful. Spending an afternoon in the Thermal Suite had such a profound effect on my hands and I was amazed at how much better they felt. The warm atmosphere of the Thermal Suite and the relaxing treatment really helped relax my hands, improving mobility and hugely reducing any pain which made a world of difference to me and I left the Spa feeling so happy and relaxed. I'll definitely be booking myself in for more sessions in the New Year.

The Spa and treatments are available for both men and women, 7 days a week and you can book online or by phone. There are also on site crèche childcare facilities which families can take advantage. If you'd like to recreate the Spa magic at home, you can pick up the gorgeous Gold products here.

* Although the Spa experience was complimentary, all opinions are very much my own.

Jx
Share:

5 comments

  1. God that sounds amazing. Tension is pretty much my second name and one day i will allow myself such a treatment. It sounds like it is everything i hoped it would be.
    http://sciencekoekje.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend spa treatments and me-time, really does help relax away tension Jx

      Delete
  2. Omg this looks incredible! I've been wanting to go for a spa day for ages, I will definitely be checking out Spa London!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Andrea. I really recommend some pampering at Spa London, lovely to just have a few pampering hours to yourself x

      Delete
  3. Aww thank you Julie, love your blog too. x

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig