Monday 22 December 2014

Review: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation


The Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is the Holy Grail of Foundations for many a blogger, which has intrigued me for a while so I was quite keen to give it a go. I had some N.Dulge points to splurge so I headed to Space NK and picked this up in the shade Stromboli and I have to say I've definitely been impressed by it. 

I really like that the Sheer Glow foundation is suitable for normal to dry skin as during Winter my skin can develop dry patches and this foundation doesn't make dry skin look flakey....phew. I have found the coverage and finish of this foundation to be one of the best I've tried as my skin is left looking just so even and smooth. I don't think the dewy finish is quite on par with the YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation, but there is a definite dewy glow to this so if you're after a matte foundation, this one may not be what you're looking for. I really recommend this foundation if you're going to be photographed and need camera ready skin. My Space NK makeup artist said this is a very popular foundation with Brides due to the finish it creates and I have noticed it makes my skin look lovely in photos.

Nars states the foundation as being 'A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture'. I was surprised to hear that the foundation contains powerful anti-oxidants and Turmeric extract to improve skin's radiance and tone as I don't think I've ever had a foundation which contains Turmeric before. I have to be careful with foundations as not all of them react well with my skin, so I tried this on in store and walked around for a few hours doing my shopping and it felt fine on my skin. I have to say that the claims have been true for me as I've found this foundation to improve the brightness and texture of my skin. My only complaint is I'm not a 100% sure that Stromboli is the correct shade for my skin as it's a tad too light I think, but I can easily remedy that by warming it up a little with Nars Laguna bronzer which works fine for me. When I go to repurchase the foundation, I think I'll experiment a little with the other available shades to see if there is a more exact match.


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is available at Nars stockists such as Space NK and Liberty and costs £31 for 30mls.

Have you tried the Nars Sheer Glow foundation? 
What were your thoughts?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig