Tuesday 11 November 2014

Om Yoga Magazine - Yoga is for Every Body!


This month I have been brightening up my daily commute with Om Yoga magazine. Being a fairly new yoga enthusiast, the November issue has been perfect for me with so many articles catching my eye such as the beginner's guide to meditating, but one section in particular really resonated with me; the 'Yoga is for everybody' feature.



I was very much able to relate to the sentiments of this article. For a long time I kept putting off trying out a yoga class as I was too nervous about not being a super toned and flexible yoga pro. I would try out a class on a rare occasion but somehow for ages, I convinced myself that I wasn't quite the yoga 'type' and as a result set a barrier for myself. However my desire to try yoga never waned, so I'm happy that I took a leap and went on a yoga retreat in the summer where I was met with so much positivity and support that I couldn't help but feel a sense of acceptance and that yoga could be accessible to me. 

It was so reassuring to read that Om Yoga are challenging the perception that yoga is only for certain body types. It was great to find out about online blogs and resources such as Yoga Dork and The Yoga Body Image Coalition who are also supporting body image education for the yoga community and helping make yoga more accessible for everyone,  something I whole-heartedly agree with.

Have you read Om Yoga this month? What was your favourite article? If you'd like to try Om Yoga, follow the photo link below to download a free sample issue or the latest issue for less than the cost at the newsagent.

OM Yoga Magazine


*Disclaimer: I am an Affiliated Blogger with Om Yoga Magazine. Each issue I will write a post on an article from the magazine and share it with you. Have a look here to find out about the other lovely affiliated bloggers.
Share:

1 comment

  1. I just started yoga after coming back from an amazing yoga retreat (beginner's yoga only), and I've been feeling incredible!! I made the mistake of going to an Ashtanga class without reading up what Ashtanga yoga really is and almost passed out in class, haha! Xx
    Shoes & Roses

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig