Saturday 4 October 2014

September Beauty Favourites


So September is already over and what a month it has been, my birthday has been and gone, I'm another year older and the days are getting shorter. This last month I've been indulging in a bit of  'shopping my stash' and making amazing rediscoveries along with new finds and here are the new and old beauty products I've been loving!

Nars Smudge Brush £24 www.narscosmetics.co.uk 
I've had my Nars Smudge brush for a good while but this last month I rediscovered it and it's proving invaluable as it's perfect for applying the L'Oreal L'Ombre Color Riche eyeshadow. I think this brush has been updated and re-released at the lower price of £24 recently. This brush is ideal for achieving the smokey eye look. It's great for depositing colour on the upper and lower lash line and as the name implies it's smudges like a dream! 

L'Oreal L'Ombre Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow - Luminere £5.49 Boots and Superdrug
Many of you may know that I can't resist a good Taupe eyeshadow, goodness knows how many I own, but this is something different. A gorgeous rich Taupe shade which just glides on. The Color Riche eyeshadows have a creamy and smooth texture. This shade applies almost like a cream/gel eyeshadow to give an intense, luminous colour. I apply it with the Nars Smudge brush onto the outer corner of the eye and a little into the crease to achieve a beautiful everyday smokey eye look.

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Dangerous £15.50 www.maccosmetics.co.uk
I don't normally wear orangey-toned red lipsticks as I've always been of the opinion that orange and my skin tone just isn't a good match, but that all changed when I got this lipstick as a birthday present. I absolutely love this lipstick, the colour is amazing and soon as I put it on I received so many compliments! I've been a fan of the MAC Retro Matte lipsticks since I purchased the cult favourite Ruby Woo and inspired by the success of that lipstick, MAC have now introduced a number of new bold shades with the Retro Matte finish....I've very much got my eye on Relentlessly Red which is a bright pinkish coral.

Soigné nail polish - Cerise £11 www.soignenails.com
I got this a while ago in my Birchbox and this has been another one of my rediscoveries in September. It's such a beautiful shade, Berry shades are my favourite and I know this shouldn't matter but I love the design of the bottle, just so very chic! The polish applies smoothly with the right density and gives a very lovely finish. This is a perfect Autumnal shade, not too dark and very pretty on the nails.

Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer - £19 for 250ml www.bumbleandbumble.co.uk
I've seen a lot of hype about this Bumble and Bumble range but I wasn't really sure if it was for me as my hair can naturally get oily and I wasn't sure if it would weigh it down too much, but wow, there was no reason to worry as it's perfect for my hair! I bought some Bumble and Bumble products online recently and I got the 30ml version of this hair primer as a free sample with my order.....love freebies! The Invisible Oil Primer is infused with 6 super light oils which help it soften, detangle, de-frizz, tame flyaways, ease styling and protect against breakage, heat-styling and UV damage. I spray this onto damp hair before I use the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray and after a quick blow dry I'm left with great volume and the texture of my hair is so soft and healthy. The 30ml size is also perfect for popping into my gym bag. 

Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner - £18 www.bobbibrown.co.uk
This is another cult classic and definitely an old favourite for me and many of my friends. The other day however I went along to the pop up Bobbi Brown counter near my work (dangerous I know!) for a mini makeover and they used the Gel Eyeliner under my upper eyelid to fill in my lash line and the difference was amazing (N.B. skilled application definitely needed). I've attempted to do this before with a kohl pencil but the results achieved were no-way near as effective. The gel liner doesn't melt onto the eye which is very important, it just stays put all day and my lashes are left looking full and thick and well, just very Audrey Hepburn. Definitely the look I've been trying to channel in September.

What have been your September favourites?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig