Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Big Feastival


Before Bestival hit this Summer, there was The Big Feastival, the food & music festival founded by Jamie Oliver & Alex James, with the festival being held on Alex James' farm in the Cotswolds.

Big Feastival is in its third year in the Cotswolds. It's a such a fun, family friendly festival combining my favourite things; great food & great music all in one place! 

I went along with a group of friends, a mix of adults & children & Big Feastival is the perfect family friendly festival. Among the varied food & drink stalls are fairground rides & bubble vendors (both Champagne & childhood bubbles) so there is definitely something to keep everyone entertained.

There is the option to camp out at Big Feastival with glamping facilities too (I was reliably informed that glamping includes a blowdry bar/tent) or like us you can go for the day. 

I had a fantastic time sampling a lot of delicious food and we were easily spoiled for choice. I experienced my first ever vegetarian 'hotdog' from Popdogs, the perfect thing after the car journey to Big Feastival. The veggie hotdog was a tasty Glamorgan sausage, Leeky & lovely & with the combination of pickles, mustard & tomato chutney the difficult part was not making a terrible mess as I wolfed it down! 

Between us, we kept up a pretty constant supply & consumption of Churros! As naughty as they are, I adore Churros & I have to say the ones from Los Churros Amigos are one of the best I've tried outside of Spain. 




Going for the just the day still gave us plenty of opportunity to try out a lot of amazing food. I had some delicious salt fish dumplings which again was a new thing for me. The dumplings were so moreish, I could have eaten a whole lot more. My friends loved the Japanese Chicken Nuggets, they definitely went down well, with some saying they were their favourite food of the festival. 

If you're a Cheese lover, Big Feastival is definitely a good festival for you. There is a lot of cheese to sample & take home with you and Alex James' Cheese Hub is a Cheese lover's haven! 


I had an absolutely awesome time at Big Feastival. I got to try new foods & experience different tastes & flavours, I met the very lovely & not scary at all Chef Monica Galetti from Masterchef the Professionals who loved my floral 'Gumboots' & the music line up was amazing!! We got to see Laura Mvula, Kelis & a live set by Fat Boy Slim which blew us away!!


What's been your favourite festival experience of the year?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig