Sunday 14 September 2014

Lemon Drizzle Traybake


When I'm lucky enough to have some spare time, there is something so very relaxing about Sunday baking. For me, I always find it's a great way to wind down the week and prepare me for the week ahead. I really wanted to use the new cake tin my brother gave me for my birthday so today's cake is a really quick and simple Lemon Drizzle traybake, very moreish and a perfect treat teamed with a cup of tea and putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon.


The recipe for the Lemon Drizzle traybake is a good old favourite Mary Berry one which can be found here. I'm going to make a little confession though.......I tweaked the recipe a little. I'm a big fan of Mary Berry so I don't think you can go wrong following her recipes but I wanted to add some pearl sugar on top and as I'm watching my sugar intake especially for my diabetes, I thought I would reduce the sugar in the cake a little by putting in one less ounce to balance out the sweetness. I was a little worried that less sugar would mean the cake was too tangy but I needn't have worried as the cake turned out beautifully, deliciously moist with a crunchy top. Everyone loved it so I was a very happy baker!


What are your favourite cake recipes?

Jx
Share:

2 comments

  1. this looks so delicious! I love lemon cake so i'm going to have to try this! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Let me know how you get on with the cake xx

      Delete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig