Wednesday 3 September 2014

August Beauty Favourites

So I've already shared with you my non-beauty favourites for August and below....drumroll........are all the beauty products I've been loving this last month.



Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara in Over Black - I'd had a few recommendations for this mascara so while browsing the duty free in the airport recently I couldn't resist having a little splurge and picking this up. I'm always a bit dubious about mascaras which make such bold statements but this really does do what it says on the can! I get great defined lashes with an amazing lifting curl, so I'm very impressed and there will be a full review post soon.

Nars Schiap - You may have seen my review post of Nars' Schiap here. So it will be no surprise I've been loving this lipstick this last month. I took it away with me to Ibiza and it was the perfect lipstick for day or night as you can build it up and it went perfectly with my tan. I think this is definitely one of my all time favourite lipsticks!

Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection Sunscreen spf 30 100ml - I got this in my Glamour Beauty Edit Box through Latest in Beauty and as I only took hand luggage with me to Ibiza (yes it was a struggle), this was the perfect travel sized sun cream to take away with me. I loved the delicious coconut and jojoba oil scent and I found that it provided really great sun protection under the very hot Ibiza sun!! I came away with a beautiful tan and no sunburn in sight!!

Bodyshop Almond Body Butter - I picked this up in the recent Bodyshop sale and I couldn't be happier with my purchase, I only wish I'd picked up more as it's not in their permanent range. The almond body butter contains sweet almond oil. It is quickly absorbed and leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and hydrated. It's perfect for normal to dry skin and has a lovely subtle scent.

Bodyshop Honey Bronzer Powder - Medium MatteThis honey-enriched pressed powder gives skin an even, bronze matte finish. I use mine as an all over face powder  to set my foundation as it's a great match for my complexion but of course it can be used to sculpt and definition your features too. I like that it gives an even matte finish with no huge glittery particles and it's such a handy little compact to pop into your bag. 

Bodyshop Coconut Lipgloss This was half price as I purchased it with the Honey Bronzer Powder. The natural Coconut scent of this lipgloss is amazingly delicious! The lip gloss gives a super-shiney sheer colour perfect for the days when I want a more toned down neutral look.

Bourjous Cream Blush - Nude VelvetFor the first time in 150 years Bourjois has reinvented its iconic Little Round Pot blush. Cream Blush uses an innovative new cream-to-powder technology that blends onto your cheeks effortlessly for a fresh and natural complexion.  Its silky smooth formula gives a natural glow that lasts day long. I love this shade and it's perfect for Summer. It gives a beautiful peachy tint to the cheeks and it really does leave you with a healthy glow and doesn't look too heavy or cakey. There are 4 shades available so I'm looking forward to trying out some more.

Cheeky nail polish in Flirt-ini - I picked this shade during my pre-holiday pedicure at the Cheeky Parlour and of course I took it home as you get to keep the polish with each manicure and pedicure. It's part of the Cheeky Chat Me Up Collection which are designed to add that extra spark to any look with playful names. Cheeky says the shade is a 'brazen beauty; bold, saucy, naughty but nice'. I thought it was perfect for a holiday in Ibiza. The shade is on the neon side but looks gorgeous against tanned skin and I was very impressed with the staying power, it didn't chip at all during hours of yoga, sandal wearing and hitting the beach!

What have been your beauty favourites this month?
Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig