Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: Nars Schiap Lipstick

Nars' Schiap lipstick has fast become a favourite for me this month. I first tried this shade 2 years ago after seeing it mentioned in Sali Hughes Beauty column in the Guardian. At the time I was very much a nude lipstick or lipgloss kinda girl. Bold, statement lips wasn't very me, but I was intrigued so I headed along to the Nars beauty counter in Liberty & asked to try Schiap & well......I didn't like how it looked on me & instead left with the shade 'Funny Face' (also one of my favourite Audrey Hepburn films). Anyway fast forward 2 years to me browsing around Space N.K looking at the Schiap nail varnish & suddenly deciding to give the Schiap lipstick shade another go, this time dabbing it on & gradually building it up.

I don't know whether it was the fact that I was sporting a healthy tan, the technique I used to apply it or the fact that I now love a bold lip colour or maybe all of the above, but I now loved how Schiap looked on me & happily purchased it!


Schiap is part of Nars Semi Matte lipsticks, which have a Matte finish but with a cream like texture so you can achieve as subtle or bold a look as you want & the formula doesn't dry out your lips at all. Schiap is definitely a highly pigmented Fuchsia Pink shade, with the perfect combination of blue & red tones

After I purchased the lipstick, I saw it featured on Vivianna Does Makeup. She too has been swayed to Fuchsia Pink lipsticks & it looked lovely on her.

In the few short weeks I've been wearing this lipstick, I have received so many compliments on the shade & overall look. I think it's the perfect all year round shade but especially suitable for Summer & all skin tones.

Nars Semi Matte lipstick in Schiap is available at all Nars counters including Space N.K & costs £19.50.

What are your favourite bold lip shades?

Jx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig