Tuesday 22 July 2014

Hampton Court Flower Show

As you’ll have seen from my ‘Today I’m Wearing’ post, I recently went to the Hampton Court Flower Show after getting hold of tickets through work and had an amazing day in the Sunshine! Many of you may already know I really enjoy gardening, growing my own fruit and veg and being able to cook for friends and family with fresh produce from my garden is a feeling not easily beaten. 

After arriving at Hampton Court Station I hopped on a river boat and gently meandered to the Flower Show which is in the beautiful grounds of Hampton Court Palace. The flower show was such a lovely chilled out way to spend the day, the weather was absolutely amazing and I think it was the best flower show I have been to yet. This year ‘flower festival’ was very much the theme throughout. There were so many stunning show garden displays which gave me huge inspiration for my own garden. My favourite was the Hedgehog themed display garden which has been designed specifically to provide a Hedgehog friendly environment and I loved how much attention to detail and thought had been put into the design.
One of my favourite areas of the Show is the Rose Marquee, inside it is quite simply filled with the most stunningly gorgeous Roses. It took a lot of willpower for me not to buy several beautiful Roses, but sadly there is no more room in my garden.
Hampton Court Flower Show isn’t all about buying plants and flowers, there are lots of stands selling clothes, crafts and decorative things for the house, so many food stands selling the most delicious food (I couldn’t resist a Salted Caramel ice-cream when I was flagging in the heat) with lots of free food samples and one of my highlights is being able to speak to the super knowledgeable and expert flower traders who happily pass on tips and advice.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig