Sunday 29 June 2014

#Life lately

I hope you've all been having a good week. I had initially thought that this last week or so would be quiet, even potentially dull and I'd be able to tackle all the things on my to do list like going to the gym and get on top of all my life admin, but then somehow it turned out to be quite busy and sadly it seems the gym will have to wait till next week.......oh dear!


1. Taste of London - As you may have seen from my post, last weekend I went along to the Taste of London food and restaurant festival and enjoyed the sunshine and a lot of good food. The Green and Blacks stand was great and I tried hard not try all the samples....honest!

2. Bowling - I'm not the greatest at bowling, so when on Monday night we had a work bowling night, I wasn't expecting much from my corner. The first round of games did not go well at all, in fact I came last! After a quick dinner break consisting of a huge veggie burger, it all changed and I started getting strikes and I ended up winning!! My team were super lovely and encouraging, we all cheered each other on without a hint of competition and I won the title of best improved player so all in all it turned out to be a really fun evening!

3. Yo Sushi - I love a bit of Yo Sushi and I'm a bit hooked on their Ramen at the moment so when a friend an I had to take cover from the rain on the Southbank by popping into Yo Sushi, I wasn't complaining! We had a really fun evening (my friend hadn't been to Yo Sushi before and  enjoyed the conveyor belt experience) and I got to warm up with some tasty Ramen...yay!

4. Flowers - By now you'll know I'm a little flowers obsessed especially with Peonies at the moment. When in Waitrose the other day I spied a bunch of Peonies for only £1.49 so I took them home and they  bloomed beautifully and really cheered up the room.

5. Jo Malone - Hand and Arm Massage - A friend of mine an I, are big Jo Malone fans and when my friend got invited to a complimentary hand and arm massage at Jo Malone, she kindly invited me along. Jo Malone's current limited edition scent Tuberose Angelica has been partnered with Peony and Blush Suede so I was excited about trying out the combination and it was lovely!! So refreshing and floral in a good way. My friend bought a bottle of Peony and Blush Suede and then we headed to dinner where we were both surreptitiously smelling our moisturised arms throughout the evening!

6. Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipsticks - I've been wanting to try out this new release from Clinique which is stated as being a moisturising matte lipstick, so I picked up two very Summery and pretty shades Petal and Peony (yes the Peony obsession continues). I'm very excited about these and I'll be doing a post on them very soon.

7. H&M earcuff (excuse the ear close up) - Along with all things Peony related, another weakness of mine is anything shiny or blingy. I've been looking for a detailed ear cuff for quite a while and then last week I spotted these beautiful ones in H&M and they're exactly what I've been looking for. They hook over the ear easily, no additional piercings are required and I think they're a really stunning statement piece.

8. Oops...sale purchase - On my daily commute to work I see many a Michael Kors bag and the shopper styles are very popular and now I have finally succumbed and purchased a Michael Kors bag myself. I was having a browse with my friend before our Jo Malone hand and arm massage and I saw this bag in the sale and loved the size, style and colour of it and that it's a little bit different. It's super organised inside with compartments which is what I need and it was half price in the sale which I wasn't expecting at all, so after sleeping on it, this bag came home with me....oops!

9. School of Wok - Following on from the School of Wok cookery demo at Taste of London last week I was invited along to try out a cookery class at the School so I went along yesterday for a full day S.E Asian feast lesson and it was amazing! I had such a great time as we cooked up a range of delicious dishes and I learnt so much and ate even more. I'll be doing a detailed post with lots of pictures very soon.

Jx
Share:

2 comments

  1. Lovely blog! I also suffered from the Michael Kors sale and finally bought my dream bag, so I know how you feel!

    Lovely post!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely! I love the look of your blog and your Michael Kors dream bag, black and gold is always good. xx

      Delete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig