Sunday 15 June 2014

#Life Lately

I'm sorry I know I haven't been blogging that frequently lately, life has just been very up and down. I received some sad & difficult news not too long ago which has taken up a lot of my time and energy, work is super busy and on top of all that I've injured my hand, so I'm trying to rest it and due to all these things I haven't been able to blog as much as I'd like to. There have been a number of good things along the way though so I thought I would catch you up on them by doing a life lately post. 




1 & 2 - As many of you may well know, Selfridges have been hosting the #BeautyProject through May until this week, celebrating beauty for everyone. I've been lucky enough to be able to attend a number of events, inducing interesting debates on the beauty industry & one of the highlights has been meeting Sali Hughes & having her pick out an Estée Lauder lipstick for me. 

3. My mum had a monumental birthday this year, but unfortunately it was in the midst of a super stressful & difficult time for us all so we had a little family gathering, watching old black & white Bollywood films & I made this giant Victoria sponge cake & it turned into a really lovely birthday celebration. 

4. I'd been getting a bit tired of my long hair & it was beginning to look a little in need of pampering & so I thought I would try something new. I headed down to see Russell at Brooks & Brooks & I now have a chin length bob!! It was a bit of a change but I'm loving it and it's great for Summer. I've had lots of lovely comments (you can't miss that my hair has gone) & compliments which has been very sweet. I've been looking up how to do bob braids & waves on YouTube & looking forward to playing around with my new style over the Summer.

5. #aSweetNightOut - I went to an amazing pop up restaurant evening in West Hampstead where my good friend's Brother and his Wife cooked up the most fantastic feast - everything was so delicious!! I'll be doing a feature post on it soon.

6. One of the things I really enjoy is gardening, especially growing my own fruit and veg during Summer. It seems like Summer is finally here and I'm loving that I can pop into the garden and grab some fresh chilies and herbs for my cooking.

7. I've been  really enjoying Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and so I was very excited when I got a chance to meet her and have my book signed at the Stylist Book Club event. It was such an interesting and inspiring evening as the book was discussed and we got to hear Chimamanda's thoughts behind the novel.

8. I've been busy harvesting fresh strawberries from the garden and these lucky ones made it to the dining table and didn't get eaten quickly during the harvesting.

9 - Notebooks, stationary, MacBook and a cuppa at the ready can only mean one thing......I'm back on the blog and working on lots of posts - yay!!! Lots of lovely things coming soon!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig