Monday 30 June 2014

Essie 'Go Ginza' and 'A Cut Above'


Here's me trying something old, but something new for me (the 'feature finger nail polish look') with Essie's 'Go Ginza' and 'A Cut Above' and I quite like it, even if by now others are totally over it.

Essie's 'Go Ginza' polish is a gorgeous lilac pink shade from Essie's 2013 Spring collection. Ipicked this up in an ASOS sale during the Winter and then haven't really done anything with it....till now. With this shade you will need two coats as the first one can be a bit streaky but two coats gives a lovely finish. 

I'm not really one for glittery polish, mainly because I'm lazy and it takes a fair while to take off but I really liked the look of 'A Cut Above' recently when I was taking advantage of a Boots 3 for 2 offer and thought a little glittery experimental indulgence once in a while can't do any harm. 

Essie's 'A Cut Above' is a stunning coppery pink glitter polish. There is a good mix of large and small glitter pieces and it's ideal for layering over another polish as I've done or you could have several coats of this alone for an opaque glitter nail. I think the combination of shades works really well together, perfect for Summer!

I finished off the look with a coat Seche Vite which is also great for sealing in the glitter too. 

Essie nail polish is available in Boots & Superdrug for £7.99 each. 

Jx
Share:

1 comment

  1. I saw these in Boots, and I really wish I brought them, great review!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig