Saturday 15 March 2014

Metronomy at Rough Trade East

Last Sunday night I got to see Metronomy at Rough Trade East in Brick Lane, London & I had an absolutely amazing night!! 



Metronomy are one of my favourite bands as I love electronic music & I loved their last album 'The Riviera'. I remember hearing their tunes playing as I wandered around London Fashion Weekend recently so I was really excited to hear about the launch of their new album Love Letters & their gig at Rough Trade.


It was amazing to get to see them play live & have a preview of the tracks from their new album. It was my first gig at Rough Trade & I really enjoyed the atmosphere & feel of having a gig in the record store especially as we got to be really close to the stage. Usually if you buy the band's album early enough on the day of the gig you get a wristband which entitles you to attend the gig at no extra cost. I'll definitely be looking out for future gigs at Rough Trade East. 

I did buy the album but one of good friends is friends with Gbenga Adelekan; the bassist from Metronomy who very kindly put us on the guest list & we got to meet the band after the gig, so all in all a pretty awesome Sunday night. 


I've been listening to the album all week & I'm really enjoying it, it's very much my style of music & just makes me think of Summer. So far Love Letters & Reservior are two of my favourite tracks. Perfect music for a sunny day like today. Metronomy will be touring & I know they'll be at a number of events & festivals over the Summer so I can't wait to see them play live again! 



                                  

What music are you loving at the moment?


Share:

1 comment

  1. I am a fan of Metronomy and have been listening to their albums and watching their vids on the tube of you. I am jealous that you got to see them live and meet the bassist. As always your posts are a continued highlight and I do, do hope to read another one very soon

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig