Sunday 5 January 2014

Christmas Gifts & Sale Bargains!!

I know that some people are really not a fan of 'What I got for Christmas' or 'sale bargain posts', but I really love reading them and as I got some lovely gifts and bargains this year I thought I would do a little round up post.

I got this stunning necklace from my Brother from Carousel Blue


Beautiful earrings!
I was so excited to receive a Macaroon making kit & I have such a weakness for cookbooks - can't wait to try them out.
A very lovely beauty collection in my Christmas Stocking - someone knows me well!
Loving my Gillian Lees Booteek scarf, books (another cookbook - yay!) and my beautiful Earl Grey tea caddy

Sales Bargains!
CiatĂ© Mini Mani Advent Calendar £21 reduced from £42 - Selfridges
I was so excited to get my hands on one of these in the sale, but when I opened it, one of the Advent windows was empty and I was missing the Pepperminty nail varnish - one of the ones I'd really wanted! I contacted Selfridges to complain and their response was pretty poor - they said they would investigate. I'm really disappointed as I thought Selfridges would have really good customer service but they didn't even offer to replace it or the missing nail varnish and I haven't heard anything since and that was over a week ago - not impressed!
Laura Mercier Body SoufflĂ© Sampler £25 reduced from £50 - Harrods
Running Trainers £47.50 reduced from £95 - Sweatshop 
These really were a bargain buy as running trainers can be quite pricey. The staff in store made sure I picked the right trainers by letting me try them out on their treadmill and doing a gait analysis at no extra cost. What I also liked is that Sweatshop offer a 30 day guarantee where you can try your shoes out by running outside and if they're not right you can bring them back - I was really impressed with the service especially as I'm new to running
'Ponyskin' Loafers £25 reduced from £45 - Marks and Spencer
I love these shoes and I'd had my eye on them for a while, so when I saw they were in the sale I had to snap them up. I think they'll be perfect for work - sensible but not plain and boring at all!
Melting Snowman - £1.12 reduced from £2.25 and Magic Wand £2.45 reduced from £4.95 - Lush
I love the Melting Snowman as you will have seen from my earlier post here. These are just seasonal for Christmas but I know they'll be great for the cold Winter months too so I thought I would stock up. I bought 5 Melting Snowmen in the sale and a reusable Magic Snow Fairy Wand - what a great bargain!
Star Tea Light Holder - 45p reduced from 90p - Sainsburys
A friend of mine inspired me as she has very similar but much fancier tea light holders from Sainsburys so when I was doing my weekly shop and I saw this I couldn't resist picking one up for only 45p. I'd have liked to get more but it was the last one n my store. I just thought it would add a lovely bit of sparkle and light to my dressing table.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig