Thursday 10 October 2013

L'Artisan Parfumeur Caligna










I love perfume and I was lucky enough to receive a gift voucher for an olfactory experience and a bottle of perfume from L'Artisan Parfumeur as a birthday present from my lovely best friend. Unfortunately the L'Artisan Parfumeur in Covent Garden in London is no longer there and instead is now a Penhaligon's who stock L'Artisan Parfumeur scents but the manager was so lovely and accommodating and still honoured my voucher. 

I had an amazingly luxurious olfactory experience which involved discussing different Penhaligon's  and L'Artisan Parfumeur perfumes and the scents each contain, a lot of sampling of different scents and  then trying a few out to see how the scent developed on my skin. It was my very own fragrance personal shopping experience and I had a lot of fun! It was really interesting to discuss the perfumes and to learn about the different notes which make up the different perfumes.

I quite liked Penhaligon's new perfume; Iris Prima but in the end I opted for Caligna EDP (100ml, £95) from L'Artisan Parfumeur as I wanted a distinctive scent which was light enough for every day wear. Caligna has notes of Clary Sage, Rose bud, Fig, Mandarin tree leaves, Jasmine Marmalade,  Lentisk, Violet, Pine needles, Oak chips and Ambrox. It is a really fresh but a warm spicy woody scent, perfect for all year round but especially Autumn and Winter and I'm already wearing it today! 

With my purchase I also received a sample of Iris Prima, a scented handkerchief and some chocolate treats. A truly luxurious experience which was the highlight of my day. Penhaligon's is such a beautiful store with a lovely range of scented candles and perfumes and if you're ever in Covent Garden I would definitely recommend you pop in for a visit!

Have you tried Penhaligon's  and L'Artisan Parfumeur products? 
What did you think?


Share:

2 comments

  1. I found this blog very interesting. I have been looking for a perfume for my partner and I came across your blog. You are fantastic and a life saver. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caligna sounds lovely! I will drop by next time I'm in covent garden to have a sniff!

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig