Tuesday 11 December 2012

Paris Beauty Haul




While in Paris, I couldn't resist stocking up on my essential French pharmaceutical products and Sephora is one of my all time favourite stores so of course I had to pop in!! Here is what I picked up:


Bioderma make up remover for oily to combination skin in the 500ml twin pack. You can't really get this cleanser in the UK unless you purchase from Ebay etc, so I thought I would stock up on the large sized ones while I could. I know this makeup remover has received a lot of hype online but I tried it over the summer (when my skin can get really oily) and I loved it. It's gentle enough for my sensitive skin and it does a really good job of even removing eye make up and my skin is never left dry afterwards.

I also stocked up on some Nuxe products. I absolutely love Huile Prodigieuse OR. It's a cult product and I can understand why. It's such a gorgeous dry body oil which contains gold specs and gives skin a beautiful golden shimmer as it . I got the 100ml size at a bargain price so I was really pleased. This will last ages!! I purchased the Reve de Miel as a bit of an emergency buy as my lips were so dry and cracked. I've heard alot about this lip balm and I wasn't so sure about the wonder claims, but after using it for just a day my lips were restored and soft again, I couldn't believe it. This lip balm feels like a proper balm and isn't one of those really shiny ones which just sit on top of the lip but don't really moisturise the lips. It smells soo lovely too as it contains honey, plant oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence and it really does nourishes lips. I'm definitely converted and would really recommend it as a Winter must have lipcare product. I bought the Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals as I have heard good things about it and like all Nuxe products the organics products are said to be very good for sensitive skin and I really do like the Nuxe range. I have yet to try it out properly but once I have I'll do a full review here. I was also given a couple of Creme Prodigieuse samples too which will be perfect for my gym bag.

I'm always on the hunt for a good blusher and while in Galerie Lafayette I purchased a Bobbi Brown blusher in Plum. It is quite a deep pink shade, but I think it suits an Asian olive skin tone as it gives a lovely rosy colour to the cheeks but a little goes a long way. I think it would be really gorgeous on darker skin tones too. I'll do a proper review on blsuhers soon.

I picked up a couple of lip liners in Sephora. The colour quality is really good and they can easily be used to fill in the whole lip. I also got a jumbo eye shadown pencil in Navy. These are really good. They smudge easily so easy to blend in or creat smokey eye look but they also have really styaing power so I always make sure to pick some up when I'm in a Sephora store.






Diptyque candles are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me as they are fairly expensive, but I really love them and there is nothing I love better than having a luxurious soak in the bath with my favourite Diptyque candle burning in the background. As I was in Paris I had to visit the original Diptyque store on Boulevard Saint Germain and I sooo excited to be in the original store!!! We spent ages in the store as I was doing a bit of Christmas shopping too and in the end I bought a special addition Jasmin candle with the white votive and the Mimosa candle. These are my 2 favourite Diptyque candles and of course I had to have a Jasmin one!! I also got a sample of the Volutes perfume which I really love and I'm thinking of purchasing the full sized one.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig