Saturday 17 November 2012

Paris!!

It's been a while to say the least since my last post for which I apologise, but I am really back now and have lots of exciting blog post I can't wait to share.

Last week I was lucky enough to have a little city escape to Paris for a few days and I had the most amazing time. Ate rather a lot of pastries though! There were so many delicious looking cakes and pastries everywhere I looked, so I think I'll do a separate pastry post soon.




It was amazing to get away for a few days. We stayed in a lovely little boutique hotel in an amazing location on Rue Saint Honoré, so we were minutes away from the Louvre and could get to most places easily on foot. Saint Honoré is an ideal area for designer shopping and it's worth checking out Colette which is a cool store with a mix of fashion and homeware. On the first day we had dinner in a lovely little French Cafe near our hotel and  headed down Rue Saint Honoré towards the Champs Elysée and the Arc de Triomphe, on the way popping into the huge Sephora  and Ladurée which was very busy!

The next day I was up and out early as I went for a run in the Jardin de Tuileries which is in front of the Louvre. I really enjoyed being out jogging with the Parisians and there were lovely views down the Champs Elysée on one side and the Louvre on the other. After that we headed towards Le Marais to do a spot of shopping and then wandered by Notre Dame and over to Jardin du Luxembourg which was beautiful. We then we went to Tour Montparnasse and up to the 56th floor where we ate coffee éclairs and got absolutely amazing views of the whole of Paris. We then caught the bus down to the Eiffel Tower to get a beautiful night time view. The Eiffel Tower was very sparkly and looked really pretty. We ended our busy day with a delicious Thai dinner at Thaim on Rue de la Roquette which I would really recommend. The food was really flavoursome without being overly spicy and the set menu was really good value.

On the third day we spent the entire morning at the Louvre. There was an amazing exhibition on Islamic Art which was really interesting and of course we couldn't leave without seeing the Mona Lisa. After that we were a bit cultured out so we indulged ourselves with afternoon tea at Angelina. The cakes there are sooo delicious!! I had the famous hot chocolate and Mont Blanc cake. That combination is really intense, but I was glad I gave it a go. We then walked up to the Opera House and onto Gallerie Lafayette which has the most amazing glittery beauty hall. It looked very Christmassy with the tree and decorations up and I bought the Plum blusher from Bobbi Brown. We ended the day with dinner in Le Marais.

Our final morning in Paris was spent macaron shopping at Ladurée and Pierre Hermé  and then a bit of beauty shopping before we had to catch the Eurostar back to London. Of course while in Paris I couldn't resist stocking up on my essential French toiletries and doing a bit of a Sephora haul.








Share:
© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig